Program Coordinator needed…
Whistler Multicultural Society (WMS) supports immigrants and newcomers to grow social capital, skills, knowledge, and experience to ensure their success and participation in our community while fostering intercultural awareness, understanding, and interactions in communities across the Sea to Sky and Sunshine Coast. Our programs build cross-cultural interaction and connections, develop awareness and understanding of our local diversity, and seek to grow equity and inclusion. We aim to build the voice and profile of newcomers and immigrants in our local communities, and to develop community inclusion initiatives.
Reporting to Director of Programs, the Program Coordinator is responsible for coordinating WMS Programs and provides day-to-day oversight and administrative and operational functions in order to achieve program sustainability and success in accordance with defined targets, strategies and goals.
- Coordination and implementation of programs that align with WMS’s mission and support the organization’s goals.
- Community and participant outreach
- Execution of marketing strategies using a variety of tools (including social media) to drive program awareness and participation
- Program delivery, monitoring, tracking, and reporting, to inform internal program decisions as well as meet funder reporting requirements
- Support planning and coordination of all program activities
- Maintain positive and clear communication with other team members, including external program partners, to facilitate teamwork, successful target management and participant satisfaction.
- College/University or equivalent; a combination of education and experience will be considered
- Two years of program coordination experience in a non-profit environment
- Ability to achieve program goals/targets including planning ahead for contingencies and identifying solutions to problems to ensure best results
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook, search engines, online communication methods) and some knowledge of financial planning and management
- Knowledge and experience in working with newcomers and immigrants to Canada and culturally-diverse and racialized individuals
- Good verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills, social media literacy
- Organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
Job terms: 40 hours/month with the possibility of expansion
Cultural Diversity: Whistler Multicultural Society is committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion. We are committed to a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve.
Location: Whistler, with some travel required
Application Deadline: August 5, 2022 at 5pm
How to apply: Please send your resume and a cover letter outlining your qualifications for and interest in the position, citing “Programs Coordinator” in the subject line, to Carole Stretch, Programs Director, at email@example.com by August 5, 2022. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, no phone calls please